Honors Advising at Ivy Tech
Our Honors Advisors are committed professionals who will help you discover your academic passions, personal strengths, and career interests.
From DAY 1, they proactively assist you in—
- Choosing classes
- Selecting best fits for transfer schools
- Creating your Individualized Success Plan*
- Completing transfer applications
- Finding and pursuing scholarships and financial aid opportunities
They are in your corner—with the goal of helping you unlock your true educational potential.
- Every student is paired with an advisor upon enrolling in our program—with academic, transfer, and major planning activities beginning on day 1.
- Your advisor is your single point of contact, staying with you for the full two years of the program—and beyond.
- Your advisor will maintain a highly proactive relationship with you—initiating contact on a weekly basis.
- Advisors will organize Freshman Student Success Seminars and Sophomore Transfer and Career Seminars!
Individualized Success Plan*
Your advisor will help you develop an Individualized Success Plan—your guide for academic, personal, and professional success. Designed based on your interests, needs, and input from Ivy Tech Faculty, your ISP is specifically customized to help you successfully negotiate the program and keep you on a steady trajectory toward graduation and transfer to a four-year college or university.